Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why Blogging, Why Now?

When I told George I was starting a blog, the first thing he asked me was why I need a blog. Slightly taken aback, I swiftly realized that no one needs a blog, but it can be nice to have one. I've realized that I've come to a certain point in "adulthood" where I have a few insights worth sharing, a tip or trick now and again, and more than a few funny incidents that never get recorded. I'll also use this forum to keep loved ones updated on what's going on in my life and in my head on a more regular basis. I've realized I'm more or less horrible at the whole "keeping in touch" thing with work, cooking, a husband, tv, a house, and 2 cats all nibbling at my time. Those of you who don't use Facebook much probably have no idea what I've been up to. Hopefully this will fill some of those gaps, and you all can quietly stalk me or actively engage, depending upon your mood and level of indulgence for me. 


Recently, I feel like I woke up and, instead of being in high school, I'm a person who impulse buys Israeli couscous, randomly takes on household projects despite having no expertise in these areas beforehand, and reads magazines that tell me how to organize my drawers and flatter my hips. In short, I'm not that girl in the (very pleasant) bubble these days, and we're definitely not in Kansas anymore...so hold onto your ruby slippers (you may need them to get home) and come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment